Sunday, August 30, 2009

Underwater Vision

Nothing too exciting today... I went out to one of the potential sites for the no take zone with the dive operator lady. She was offering me to snorkel. After I was snorkeling for teh first time in my life in El-Nido recently and was pretty excited about it, I would have liked to. But, stupid me, I brought about 45kg of luggage with me from Germany (no joke) but failed to include enough contact lenses. I thought like, eh, ten should be enough... anyway, that whole snorkeling thing doesn't work with glasses, so I spent an hour on a rocking boat waiting for them to come back. Yeehaa! But it was good to see the site and get a feeling for how large we would have to set the no-take zone. Also saw that there was a resort on an island nearby, so maybe the resort owner could become a partner in supervising the enforcement of the whole thing.

Ok, electricity is gonna shut down soon. So I better stop. Just one more thing: Currently watching a movie called "Vicky Christina Barcelona". It's the third-or-so woody allen movie that I really like. I like the narrator it has, simply telling the story and then the actors "only" have the job of bringing the story to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment