Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Tarzan and city boy

Do you take a hot shwower and electricity for granted? Well, I did. Until I started living in the jungle. To be precise, at a resort where people come and pay to spend their vacation, but still the no-hot-water and no-24h-electricity thing kinda makes you appreciate these amenities after a while. So now I escaped the jungle for a few days. I am in Puerto Princesa, the main (and by some standards only) city in Palawan for some meetings and to buy items you don't get in Port Barton (like a laminating machine). My much anticipated hot shower still wasn't meant to be though, because for some reason the warm water in my room doesn't work. I'm not sure if they understand why I was so disappointed. (Oh, yes, I am spoiled. :)

Had a meeting last night with some people about the no-take zone. I sent them a power point presentation with my thoughts about it in advance. A page for example would look something like this.


They were getting pretty excited about it. It's encouraging to see somebody be excited about a powerpoint presentation (well, and/or the content..). Really can't recall having seen that degree of excitement in my 2 years professional experience that taught me how to make these documents.

No comments:

Post a Comment